Seeing your cottage gardens designed with different plants with beautiful bearings and colorful blossoms is truly a spectacular. Depending on your preference, you can pick the garden style that you find most appealing.
Cottage Gardening involves some creative and artistic designs, using flowers and plants of different varieties. In the ancient times, garden plantings were used by the villagers as a source of food and herbs, and planted the flowers merely for decoration. In the modern days, they evolved as a sophisticated one with informal garden designs. Mostly, they consist of vegetables, herbs, and flowers with harmonious colorful groupings.
How To Plan A Garden
If you want to know how to plan a cottage gardens, here are some helpful points to get you started:
- Think of the plants that you want to use in making your garden. You may use different kinds of plants such as roses, shrubs, small trees, vines, and vegetables.
- If you have limited space, it would be best to create your garden in some little rectangular plots. Make use of every available square inch.
- If your area is spacious, you can fill your lawn with assorted plants and tufts of grass.
- Make sure that your soil is embedded with organic materials to keep your plants healthy and well-nourished. Using harsh chemicals and fertilizers are not advisable. This may damage and kill your plants.
- If you want to avoid the weeds from growing, plants should be placed close together.
Designing A Garden
Designing a garden in cottage style requires no specific pattern. You simply use your creativity and resourcefulness. Here are some effective ways to make one:
- To create an artistic design, group your plants according to its variety. This will make your garden more orderly and have a beautiful harmonious color combination.
- Your garden can be designed in a casual and informal pattern. Use variety of plants that come in different kinds, colors, and sizes.
- It is great to use some wooden fences and paths that are made of stones or bricks. This will give your yard a more country and casual ambience.
- To make your cottage style yard more attractive, you can make your borders go right up to your house. You can also use arches and arbors for more style and creativity. This will complement the beauty of your Cottage Garden.
- You can use narrow or wider walkways, depending on the space availability. Wider ones are essential if you want to open your garden to the public. Narrow ones are great if you want it to be more private and personal.
- Repetition of a specific type of plant throughout your garden will give it a more appealing and striking look.
So remember that when creating your Cottage Gardens it should be casual and carefree. As long as you have the art and creativity, some patience and hard work, you can make the perfect garden that you have long wanted to have. Be sure to have the materials and the structural elements that you need, and in no time, you can produce a garden that is originally yours.
Incoming search terms:
- house with garden